Atlantis Paradise Island is a luxurious ocean-themed resort in the Bahamas. Atlantis is the Caribbeans top vacation resort that allows you to have the perfect beach getaway from the year round run warmth, turquoise waters and powder white sand. With almost 2 million visitors to the property each year between lengthly vacations or a short day trip from cruise ship visitors and others it makes Atlantis a must see vacation destination. Wander the beach at sunset with ice cream in hand, watch the majestic yachts anchor in their slips in the Marina Village, plummet down the 60-foot vertical drop on the Leap of Fair or simply relax in a beach chair or cabana and soak in the rich Bahamian sun. Regardless of your choice you will not be disappointed in your stay at Atlantis Paradise Island.
Here is our ultimate guide to Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas!
What To Expect at Atlantis
Language: English language is the official language of the Bahamas. Although, you might hear some Bahamian English which is a mixture of Queen’s dictation, African influence and island dialect.
Currency: On Atlantis the currency used is US dollars, but locals and off the resort also accept BSD (Bahamian Dollar) which is on par with the US dollar.
Climate: You can expect consistent warm temperatures throughout the year on Paradise Island, Bahamas. July and August are the hottest months with an average temperature of 28°C and the coldest month is January at 21°C. Rainy season in the Bahamas is between May and October.
Where To Stay At Atlantis
Atlantis has many options when it comes to accommodations but the question is which to choose from? You will find a breakdown of the 5 options below to help you make your choice! Regardless of where you choose to stay every accommodation includes complimentary access to Aquaventure Water Park, beaches, pools, marine habitat and restaurants.
The Cove: The Cove is the newest of the Atlantis hotels that features all suites, high class decor, fully equipped with furnished balconies, deep soaking tubs, and sandglass-bricked showers. The Cove provides you with access to an adult only private pool for Cove guests only, with an outdoor gaming pavilion, two bars, 20 private cabanas and a live DJ.
Average Price: $450-$1000++/night
The Royal Towers: Built in 1998, the 1,200 room Royal Towers opened and would become the hub of the Atlantis resort. Offering larger rooms than both the Beach and Coral Towers with modern, upscale Caribbean decor. The Royal Towers is located in the middle of the resort which gives you great accessibility to everything Atlantis has to offer including easy access to the waterpark, beach, restaurants, and the Atlantis Marina.
Average Price: $320 – $950+/USD Night
Coral Towers: The Coral Towers are getting a much needed renovation from the rooms, lobby to a brand new pool with a swim-up-bar. The Coral Towers are located next to the Marina Village, steps to the beach, multiple restaurants and with the renovations will be new host spot of Atlantis!
Average Price: $220-$850 / USD Night
Beach Tower: The Beach Tower is the most affordable accommodations on Atlantis and is just steps away from the beautiful white sand beaches. Decorated in tropical decor, furnished balconies with water or terrace views, sitting areas and is just steps away from the Marina Village, casino, multiple restaurants and so much more!
Average Price: $ 200-700/USD Night
The Reef: The Reef features luxurious, residential-style studio and one to three bedroom suites that offer guests the conveniences of home and the amenities of a luxury residential community. The Reef provides guests with the comforts of home, including a full kitchen or kitchenette, in-suite laundry and so much more. The Reef is perfect for extended stays or large families that need a home base.
Average Price: $450 – $1000+/ USD Night
** Rates vary during each season**
Where To Eat At Atlantis Paradise Island
Atlantis features 21 restaurants and 19 bars and lounges offering everything from grab and go to fine dining. Here are our top choices on where to eat on Atlantis Paradise Island Resort.
Quick Bites & Snacks: Looking for an grab-and-go meal or just a snack during the day there are plenty of options on the resort for this.
- Marina Pizzeria – A traditional pizza with your favourite toppings locating in the Marina Village
- Starbucks – The well known coffee company offers their many coffee blends and signature drinks with several locations across the resort including Coral Tower’s lower level, The Reef lobby, Marina Village and the Mayan Pool deck.
- Plato’s – Located in the Royal Towers lobby you will find a patisserie that offers quick bites for breakfast, dinner or a late night snack as well as a lounge where you can have a casual drink while watching a sporting event or live nightly entertainment.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream – Located in the Marina Village you will find your favourite flavour of ice cream here to cool down during a fun day in the sun.
- Daiquiri Shack – Located in the Marina Village you can choose from a wide variety of frozen local flavours or can create a flavour just for you.
- Quiznos – Located in the Marina Village here you will find breakfast, lunch and dinner options
Casual Dining: There are many casual dining experiences to be had at Atlantis, some even offer incredible views of the waterscape, lagoons and the pools.
- Poseidon’s Table- Located just off the Royal Towers lobby this buffet dining restaurant offers incredible breakfast buffet, Sunday brunch and dinner buffet.
- Bimini Road- Located in the Marina Village this fun, colourful restaurant with its ocean inspired interior and outdoor bar offers island favourites and great sandwiches for lunch and dinner.
- Carmine’s- Located in the Marina Village this family style dining experience is well known for its large pasta dishes and lively atmosphere.
- Virgil’s BBQ- Located in the Crystal Court Shops this family-style barbecue is the ultimate go-to restaurant in the Bahamas for a touch of the South.
- Murray’s Deli- Located in the Marina Village offering mouth watering breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as grab-and-go options for all three meals. Experience the 1950’s decor at the New-York style restaurant.
- The Village Burger Shack- Located in the Marina Village, The Village Burger Shack offers mouth watering burgers, fries and milkshakes. Offering both indoor and outdoor dining options this is the perfect place to have a quick and filling meal.
Fine Dining: Head out for a night at Atlantis to be treated to some of the finest restaurants Paradise Island has to offer. From fresh seafood to world renowned dishes you will not be disappointed at the many fine dining establishments you can eat at.
- Olives – Located in the Casino, is a warm and casual dining experience that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner all with a Mediterranean cuisine flare.
- Seafire Steakhouse – Located in the Marina Village, this popular steakhouse will treat you to mouthwatering steaks and seafood in a upscale casual dining environment.
- Cafe Martinique – Located in the Marina Village, this restaurant made famous by the 1965 James Bond Movie, Thunderball. This beautiful restaurant will transport you back into an old world elegance including the wrought-iron birdcage elevator, stunning mahogany staircase, beautiful views and classic French gourmet food.
What To Do at Atlantis Paradise Island Resort
The great thing about Atlantis is you will never find yourself bored as there are so many activities to do throughout the resort. Aquaventure waterpark is one of the most popular feature of the resort with 141 acres of waterpark to play in this one-of-a-kind waterscape offers non-stop thrill rides in over 20 million gallons of water. From 20 swimming areas, 11 unique swimming pools, high-speed water slides and a mile-long river will rolling rapids and wave surges there is enough to keep you entertained for days.
Beyond the Aquapark there is so much to do from the complimentary Atlantis Theatre, Tennis Courts, rock climbing area, pottery studio, fitness centre and don’t forget the luxury shopping that can be done.
Looking for something a bit calmer then head over to The Mandara Spa fuses together ancient Balinese healing touches with traditional European therapies and natural elements indigenous to The Bahamas.
Lastly, it wouldn’t be a trip to Atlantis without trying your luck at one of the Caribbean’s largest casinos with over 75 tables of various games.
Looking for what to do once the sun goes down? Make sure to check out our Top Things To Do At Night at Atlantis post!